Thursday, May 17, 2007

Just a Few More Days…

I honestly think we find out in a few days exactly what the future of this country is going to be. I’m sure you’ve heard about the amnesty for illegals bill that sounds like it could be voted on early next week, and if this goes through, I can’t imagine a bigger slap in the face to this country that our “leaders” could be capable of. What’s even more pathetic is that this vote could come just a few days before Memorial Day…the day where this nation is supposed to take some time to honor all the people who have lost their lives not only defending and spreading freedom, but also to make sure that this country stays a sovereign nation in the way our founding fathers intended it to be. If this bill passes, then every single person who gave their life in defense of this nation has been spit on.

Have you looked at this bill? What a joke! So the head of the family is supposed to return back to their country to apply for a special visa within 8 years, and then pay a $5,000 fine that can be spread out over time. Yeah, and this will be enforced how??? WE DON’T EVEN ENFORCE EXISTING LAWS!!! If our “leaders” can’t even make sure existing laws are enforced, then how in the hell are we supposed to think that some huge new plan will EVER get enforced??? I’m not buying this crap for a minute, and I know a lot of you feel the same way.

I am so sick of hearing about how this nation was built by immigrants and blah blah friggin’ blah. The same ones who say that always seem to leave out the word “legal”. The majority, because I know some bad apples came in as well, of immigrants in this country’s history have become a PART of this country. There is nothing wrong with appreciating your heritage or where your family comes from, but if you come to this country to live then speak the friggin’ language, be a productive citizen who actually pays taxes and doesn’t leech off the rest of us, and don’t think for a second that everyone is going to bend over backwards and forget the history and traditions of this country. I sure as hell won’t, and I know many other people who feel the same way.

I can’t even put into words how frustrated and angry I am over this. I will say this - I think anyone who votes in favor of this bill, and especially President Bush if he signs it into law, should all be impeached would be guilty of treason. So because our do-nothing government caters to special interest groups and doesn’t want to enforce the law, they are willing to rewrite the law. What I want to know is if about 20 million of us decided we aren’t going to pay taxes anymore, would we be given amnesty? After all, it might be too difficult to enforce. This would go beyond “no taxation without representation”. Not only are we not being represented with this amnesty bill, it’s also a complete violation of the duties our government is supposed to uphold.

Our government is treating us like we’re just supposed to be good little serfs and till the land. And if this bill passes, I truly feel that this country is done for. Am I being dramatic? Not at all. So what can we do? I’ve heard talk radio today say that we need to be sure to contact our Senators…but will it matter? I hate to be that cynical, but I can’t help it. After all, I have yet to hear of anyone who might be running against Lamar Alexander in 2008, and since Bob Corker just got into office, he won’t have to worry about an election for a while.

I wrote in several blogs during the election about how Thomas Jefferson stated that when this government fails to do the will of the people that it needs to be replaced. It’s getting to that point. I’m not saying they do the will of the people much anyway, but passing this amnesty bill should be the final straw.

We are a country held hostage by a two party system, and those in government have set it up to keep it that way. Our founding fathers would look at everything now and cry over what they went through only to see it spit on. Tonight I am absolutely livid, and I pray to God this bill doesn’t pass.

No comments: