Monday, September 17, 2007

Cowards

Tonight was the only "real" debate thus far as Values Voter sponsored a GOP debate, and this was the first debate that none of the big 4 attended. The arrogance and cowardice of the big 4 is a HUGE slap in the face to those of us with true conservative values looking for strong leadership for this country. John McCain, Rudy Guliani, Mitt Romney, and Fred Thompson seemed to have better things to do than participate in a REAL debate where REAL issues are discussed and where the questions truly reflect what conservatives are looking for in a candidate. And after watching the debate, I can see why they were too scared to attend - the questions were not fluff and actually forced candidates to truly take a stand on what they believe and what their values are.

I never was a fan of Guliani, Romney, or McCain and felt indifferent about Fred Thompson…until tonight. Those who chose not to attend such an important debate because they were too scared to do so, and that’s exactly why they didn’t attend, have ZERO business asking for votes from conservatives. Tonight, the big 4 showed they are part of the problem, and not a solution by any means. The ones who took the stage tonight, even though I may not completely agree with all of them, at least had the guts to lay it all out there and tell us where they stand on REAL issues. This was the most informative debate I’ve watched, and I’m glad I did. If anything, it solidified the fact that I will not vote for one of the big 4. So what happens if in November of 2008 it comes down to something like Hillary Clinton versus Fred Thompson? I will not vote for either. Like Tom Tancredo stated tonight, I am so sick of trying to decide between the lesser of two evils.

Also, I was pretty happy to hear Alan Keyes tonight. I shouldn’t be surprised, but I really can’t believe how much his entering this race was ignored. Oh wait, I forgot, you can’t be black and be a conservative according to the media.

No comments: