Sunday, February 25, 2007

Global Warming - I Wish!

As I sit here typing this, it’s about 25 degrees outside and the high in middle Tennessee hasn’t got far above freezing in several days. It’s snowed twice in the last week as well. TV news shows this record cold wave all over America where some cities have wind chill temps of 40 below zero. Schools in cities that never close due to snow are closing because of the record cold temperatures. Even Hawaii is experiencing low temperatures that state isn’t used to. Yet Al Gore gets nominated for a Nobel Prize for bringing awareness to global warming? Well, the Nobel Peace Prize should have been renamed to the Nobel “I’m a spineless wimp” Prize once Jimmy Carter won it.

Scientists once claimed the earth was flat. Scientists once claimed the sun revolved around the earth. Scientists one stated the earth revolved around the moon. Scientists put stock in the “theory” of evolution when there has NEVER been any concrete evidence. And scientists claimed back in the 1970’s we were headed towards another ice age. The media and other morons act like a scientist could NEVER be wrong when they really don’t have that great of a track record in their theories when it comes to this planet. And now I’m supposed to think that some scientists aren’t wrong when they scream about global warming? Give me a break. If a meteorologist can’t get the weather forecast right 3 days from now, why should I EVER put any stock in what someone says the weather will be like in 100 years?

Now I will say that yes, some climate change might be taking place, but considering weather records have only been kept for about 160 years, there isn’t that much to base anything on. We have warming trends, we have cooling trends. Is it caused by people? WE DON’T KNOW!!! And here’s what really gets me about all this, dopes like Al Gore like to blame America and the way we live, yet India and China are FAR worse polluters than we could hope to be. So why aren’t these tree-huggers attacking those countries? Because America has a wonderful thing called “freedom”. I would love to see some of these tree-huggers go to China and tell them how evil they are polluting the world. I swear, people like Al Gore are put on some kind of pedestal for saying how bad America is with pollution and how we are to blame, yet I don’t see him travelling to China to tell them how bad they are when it comes to pollution. Wow, what guts…way to take a stand Al!!!

Is there some kind of climate change taking place? Maybe. Do I think it’s all because of people? Heck no. Could it be a natural weather cycle? Could be. In 20 years, will scientists be screaming about another ice age? It’s possible. Is Al Gore a moron? Without a doubt, and that’s why I can’t put any stock in anything he says.

If global warming has been taking place all these years, then why do I have to dress for an Arctic expedition to take my two dogs outside so they can take care of business before I go to bed? I’d love to have on a t-shirt and shorts in early February, but I also like to deal with something I call “reality”. And if you ask a tree-hugger why it’s so cold when they cry about global warming, they will tell you it’s because of “shifting weather patterns” that are caused by…yep…global warming.

And remember, all these groups that receive federal funding to “research” global warming would have all that money dry up if it was determined to be just natural weather cycles.

Yes, I think we should do everything we can to cut down on pollution, but I also have faith in God, and I know that this planet will be the home of His creations until He decides to end it.

No comments: