Tuesday, February 27, 2007

"If I knew then what I know now..."

I saw a clip on a news show tonight starring the one and only Hillary Clinton speaking about the war in Iraq. First, it annoys me to no end when it’s called “The War in Iraq”. IT’S A WAR AGAINST THESE MUSLIMS THAT WANT TO KILL US!!! It just so happens that Iraq is the major battlefield. To think that this is a seperate war is naive. The Battle of the Bulge wasn’t called “The War in Bastogne”…it was all part of WWII. But enough on that.

Last year when I was running for the U.S. Senate, one thing about Harold Ford bothered me more than just about anything else. When he appeared on “Imus In The Morning” he was asked if he would have voted for the war knowing what he knows now. His answer was “no”. To me, that told me all I needed to know about him because it showed he clearly lacked vision and had NO guts to stand by a tough decision, he only wanted to appeal to his “audience”. Well Clinton has now stated the same thing in her quest to be the president. She almost said it verbatim, like it’s some liberal talking point…oh wait…it probably is if you’re running for office. She was asked about her vote and started with the “If I knew then what I know now….” and then of course had to add how Bush misled and blah blah blah. First, I think anyone with a bit of common sense realizes she’s lying like crazy, just as Ford did. At the time they were all for it, then the going gets tough, elections are going on, and they say whatever they need to so they can cover their tracks because they have no backbone and only care about getting elected. When I hear ANY politician say something like this and how Bush misled, I think a couple of things about that person -

1) They’re liars with no conscience who only care about winning elections

2) If Bush is supposedly so stupid, and they were misled by him, then they’re apparently not too bright themselves

If I had voted to send troops into battle and then later thought it was wrong, I couldn’t show my face in public. Knowing that the blood of those dead soldiers was on my hands would shame me to no end, and I sure as hell wouldn’t be out there like “Oh I was misled, I would vote different now, I want to be elected” and blah blah blah. I tried like crazy to get on one of the debates during the Senate race so I could call Ford out on this bs. Sadly it never happened.

I blame the cowardice of politicians on a lot of these soldiers’ deaths. Why? It’s like I said on Steve Hilton’s radio show last fall that on 9/12 we should have had “Operation Glass Parking Lot” and levelled the middle east. If we had done that, we wouldn’t be in the situation we are and I seriously doubt any other country would stick their middle finger out at us like North Korea. That’s how Patton or Churchill would have handled it…of course if we had leaders like that over the years, 9/11 probably would never have happened, and if Washington wasn’t run by a bunch of cowards, the American military would have truly been unleashed and all this would have been over by now.

Anyone who believes what Hillary said is an idiot, and I pray someone has a chance to call her out on this crap. It disgusts me to hear these politicians be such flakes when it comes to the lives of our soldiers.

No comments: